- The pastor of your congregation-
- A key lay leader designated by your pastor
- Courses are designed to be both lay and clergy led
- The session videos are designed to help provide teaching depth so that new leaders can feel more confident leading a discussion
Discipleship Academy as hands on leadership training
Consider using Discipleship Academy in a way to promote new leadership in your congregation. A great way to start is to follow the path below.
- Have the pastor or designated lay leader run the entire first session
- For session two designate a participant to lead the welcome session for the next course
- For session three designate participants to lead the Welcome and Worship Sections
- For the Final session designate participants to lead the Welcome, Worship and Word sections.
- With you pastor’s approval ask one of the participants who has led portions of the meetings to consider facilitating a future course.
Qualities to look for in potential leaders
- Openness about the role of Christ in her or his life
- Commitment to your pastor
- Commitment to your congregation’s ministry and vision
- Commitment to your denomination
- Regular worship attendance